Chelsea Henderson joined The Lord Companies in 2014 as a broker associate. Chelsea brings to commercial brokerage a comprehensive understanding of the retail market with a proven track record of achievement from her corporate background with national retailers. She specializes in sales, leasing, and consulting of retail and mixed-use properties in Chicago and its metro suburbs. Chelsea represents both Landlords and National Tenants. Chelsea is dedicated to her client’s success by understanding their needs and finding creative solutions with thorough market analysis.
Chelsea Henderson has won the following awards from Chicago Association of Realtors:
- 2021 Silver Award for Retail Leasing Number Transactions
- 2021 Silver Award for Retail Leasing Gross Sq. Ft.
- 2020 Platinum Award for Retail Leasing Number Transactions
- 2020 Platinum Award for Retail Leasing Gross Sq. Ft.
- 2019 Platinum Award Retail Sales Volume
- 2019 Gold Award for Retail Leasing Number Transactions
- 2019 Silver Award for Retail Leasing Gross Sq. Ft.
- 2018 Gold Award for Retail Sales Volume
- 2017 Platinum Award for Retail Leasing Gross Square Footage
- 2017 Platinum Award for # of Retail Rental Transactions
- 2017 Gold Award for Retail Sales Volume
- 2016 Platinum Award for Retail Leasing Gross Square Footage
- 2016 Platinum Award for # of Retail Rental Transactions
- 2015 Platinum Award for Retail Leasing Gross Square Footage
- 2015 Platinum Award for Retail Sales Volume
- 2015 Gold Award for # of Retail Rental Transactions
Chelsea brings a seasoned and diverse level of experience to retail brokerage through her experience working for large retailer chains at the corporate level for over six-years. Chelsea began her career in the retail industry with The TJX Companies in Framingham, Massachusetts. As a Chicago native, Chelsea returned to Illinois to oversee the Canadian division of stores for Follett Higher Education Group, a company with over 900 college bookstores nationwide.
During Chelsea’s time as a broker associate, she focuses on retail leasing and sale transactions for both landlords and national tenants. As a landlord’s representative, Chelsea focuses on identifying and qualifying successful long-term tenants. While working with tenants, Chelsea uncovers properties both on and off the market. In both roles, Chelsea counsels her clients through the entire leasing process. During sales transactions, Chelsea’s attention to detail and due diligence is apparent when qualifying potential buyers and products. Chelsea shares her experience, background, and knowledge as a real estate consultant and advisor for her clients.
Chelsea is a graduate of Boston University. She is a licensed broker in the state of Illinois. Chelsea is currently completing coursework toward a Certified Commercial Investment Manager (CCIM) designation. She is an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and Retail Brokers Network (RBN). Chelsea was raised in Chicago’s north suburbs and currently lives in Chicago.