1040 & 1050 W Bryn Mawr Ave
TWO RETAIL SPACES
Neighborhood: Edgewater/Bryn Mawr Historic District
Cross Streets: Bryn Mawr Ave & Kenmore Ave
PROPERTY OVERVIEW: The 1036-1050 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. building is a classic mixed-use property in the heart of the Bryn Mawr Historic District in Edgewater, Chicago. Two retail spaces are available for lease: 1040 W. Bryn Mawr, which is 1,050 SF and 1050 W. Bryn Mawr, which is is 850 SF. Both spaces are in great condition with bathrooms, dedicated HVAC, and electric and ready for tenant buildout. 1050 W Bryn Mawr also includes a full basement perfect for dry storage and/or office space. The building features a rear shared courtyard and alley access.
LOCATION: Situated at the corner of Bryn Mawr and Kenmore Avenues in the vibrant Edgewater neighborhood, this property is steps from the Bryn Mawr Red Line stop and high-traffic Sheridan Road, which is home to high-density residential buildings. With the Bryn Mawr CTA modernization well underway, these spaces are a perfect opportunity for tenants to get in this high-density, high pedestrian traffic community now and only further benefit when the Bryn Mawr CTA station re-opens. The site is just 7 miles north of the Loop with quick access to Lake Shore Drive, the Lakefront Trail/Beach, and public transportation.
NEARBY TENANTS: Co-tenants include Mama K’s, Redtwist Theatre, and Edgewater Playhouse. The area has a rich mix of national and local retailers including 7-Eleven, Starbucks, Subway, L.A. Tan, Chase Bank, Lens Crafters, The UPS Store, Salon 64, Francesca’s, That Little Mexican Café, City Lit Theater Company, Super Food & Liquors, The Xchange Clothing Store, Blowfish, Salon Echo, Little Vietnam Restaurant, pHlour Bakery & Cafe, and more!
1050 W Bryn Mawr (850 SF plus full basement)
ZONING/WARD: B3-5 /48th Ward (Alderman Harry Osterman)
1040 W Bryn Mawr $2,000/month Gross
1050 W Bryn Mawr $2,000/month Gross
- 2 high visibility retail locations in the heart of the Bryn Mawr Historical District
- Column-free spaces with floor to ceiling windows
- 1050 W Bryn Mawr includes a full basement perfect for dry storage/office use
- Perfect for retail, office, medical, services, or shared coworking space
- Excellent visibility just steps from the CTA Bryn Mawr “L” stop with over 1.4 million riders annually and 2 blocks from the Lakeshore Drive feeder ramp
- Located in the dense and diverse Edgewater community with a population of over 75,000 in a one-mile radius, and average household income of $64,046
- Walkability Score: 91, “Walkers Paradise: Daily errands do not require a car”
- Transit Score: 76, “Excellent Transit: Transit is convenient for most trips”
- Bike Score: 88 “Very Bikeable: Biking is convenient for most trips”
1040 W Bryn Mawr Ave
1050 W Bryn Mawr Ave
1030 North Clark Street, Suite 300, Chicago, Illinois, 60610, Phone: 312.944.6270, Fax: 312.944.3759