1036-1050 W Bryn Mawr Ave
Three Retail Spaces along Bryn Mawr Historic District
Neighborhood: Edgewater/Bryn Mawr Historic District
Cross Streets: Bryn Mawr Ave & Kenmore Ave
PROPERTY OVERVIEW: The 1036-1050 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. building is a classic mixed-use property in the heart of the Bryn Mawr Historic District in Edgewater, Chicago. Three retail spaces are available for lease: 1036-1038 W Bryn Mawr (1,800 SF), 1040 W. Bryn Mawr (1,050 SF), and 1050 W. Bryn Mawr (850 SF). 1036-1038 Bryn Mawr is a fully built-out café space featuring a 3-compartment sink, ice cream coolers, and outdoor seating. All three spaces are in great condition with bathrooms and dedicated HVAC/electric units. The building features a rear shared courtyard and alley access.
LOCATION: Situated at the corner of Bryn Mawr and Kenmore Avenues in the vibrant Edgewater neighborhood, this property is steps from the Bryn Mawr Red Line stop and high-traffic Sheridan Road, which is lined with high-density residential buildings. With the Bryn Mawr CTA modernization well underway, these spaces are a perfect opportunity for tenants to get in this dense, high pedestrian traffic community now and only further benefit when the Bryn Mawr CTA station re-opens. The site is just 7 miles north of the Loop with quick access to Lake Shore Drive, the Lakefront Trail/Beach, and public transportation.
NEARBY TENANTS: Co-tenants include Redtwist Theatre and Edgewater Playhouse. The area has a rich mix of national and local retailers including: 7-Eleven, Starbucks, Subway, L.A. Tan, Chase Bank, Lens Crafters, The UPS Store, Salon 64, Francesca’s, That Little Mexican Café, City Lit Theater Company, Super Food & Liquors, TheXchange Clothing Store, Blowfish, Salon Echo, Little Vietnam Restaurant, pHlour Bakery & Cafe, and more!
1040 W Bryn Mawr (1,050 SF)
1050 W Bryn Mawr (850 SF)
ZONING/WARD: B3-5 /48th Ward (Alderman Harry Osterman)
1036 W Bryn Mawr $3,000/month Gross
1040 W Bryn Mawr $2,000/month Gross
1050 W Bryn Mawr $2,000/month Gross
• Column-free spaces with floor to ceiling windows
• Perfect for retail, office, medical, services, or shared coworking space
• Excellent visibility just steps from the CTA Bryn Mawr “L” stop with over 1.4 million riders annually and 2 blocks from the Lakeshore Drive feeder ramp
• Located in the dense and diverse Edgewater community with a population of over 75,000 in a one-mile radius, and average household income of $64,046.
• Walkability Score: 91, “Walkers Paradise: Daily errands do not require a car”
• Transit Score: 76, “Excellent Transit: Transit is convenient for most trips”
• Bike Score: 88 “Very Bikeable: Biking is convenient for most trips”
1036-38 W Bryn Mawr Ave
1040 W Bryn Mawr Ave
1050 W Bryn Mawr Ave
Lawrence – Bryn Mawr Modernization Project
The first phase of the Red and Purple Modernization Program will completely rebuild the Lawrence,
Argyle, Berwyn, and Bryn Mawr stations and all the tracks and support structures for more than a
mile adjacent to the stations. All four stations are expected to reopen by the end of 2024.